This interactive, practical workshop is ideal for any current or aspiring peer workers wanting to learn how to facilitate recovery based, peer-led support groups.
This workshop is not specific to hearing voices and would be useful for any peer facilitators who need an introductory workshop to get started.
Participants will learn the basics about group dynamics and facilitation, concepts and practical skills for support groups, communication skills, self-care and the ways in which peer led groups may be different and similar to other support groups. There will be opportunities to practice and debrief, while focusing on scenarios that might be expected when working in a group setting.
This workshop is ideal if you:
- have lived experience of recovery work and/or being a consumer
- have attended a support group in the past and/or are interested in facilitating groups in the future
- are considering or just starting out in peer work or consumer consultancy
- are willing to share your own experiences if/when appropriate
- are keen to explore facilitation skills for peer support groups
- feel drawn to working with a shared perspective
- are collaborative and empathetic, believing in the capacity for recovery in each of us.
- $500 Full fee
- $350 Concession/Student fee
We do provide hardship rates please contact Voices Vic to find out more.
How do I register?
You can :
- contact us directly on 9692 9500
- or go online, via Eventbrite
For more information, read our flyer
We understand that money is sometimes an issue. Please contact our office if you are experiencing financial difficulty and we’ll do our best to help.